Fall 2016 Book: Stephen G. Krantz, How to Teach Mathematics (3rd Ed.), published by the AMS (American Mathematical Society), 2015. This an update from earlier editions published in 1993 and 1999.
Book Availability: KCTL has a supply of books for our fall reading. If you can commit to joining at least two of our fall discussion meetings, then you can pick up a book for free in M-391.
Discussion Meetings: Mondays, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, in M-391 on the following dates.
- Sep-26: Ch. 1-2, “Guiding principles”, “Practical matters”.
- Oct-24: Ch. 3-4, “Spiritual matters”, “The electronic world”.
- Nov-21: Ch. 5-6, “Difficult matters”, “A new beginning”.
More Optional Readings: Available online.
- End matter (contents, preface, bibliography, index): www.ams.org/books/mbk/089/mbk089-endmatter.pdf
- Appendix from earlier edition (critical responses): www.math.wustl.edu/~sk/teachapps.pdf